*Your inquiry will be replied to in priority order by date of receipt. It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to respond – please be patient!
You should also be aware of an image database resource containing Nova Scotia Museum images at Images Canada.
- Publication/Use Fees for print/electronic publication, advertising and display purposes are for one-time only, non-exclusive use, over a 5-year period.
- Publication/Use Fees for public/commercial broadcasting purposes are for one-time only, non-exclusive use, with unlimited plays over a 5-year period.
- Subsequent use of material (i.e., other than for the purpose first negotiated or the 5-year limit), i.e. resales or in spin-off or related products (e.g. home videos, CD-ROMs, DVDs, other new media uses, companion books, etc.) must be negotiated separately with the Nova Scotia Museum; additional fees will be levied accordingly.
- Formal credit ('Image courtesy of Nova Scotia Museum') is required for all uses of material; and formal citation of material ('Nova Scotia Museum, [collection title, name of photographer or negative number, as provided on supplied material]') where appropriate.
- Copyright and other rights requirements are the responsibility of the user; the Nova Scotia Museum will not provide indemnity against losses or costs incurred by third-party claims of ownership or copyright.
- Images used for website publication must be displayed at a resolution not higher than 72 dpi.
- Items provided for publication and use may not be altered in any way without written permission from the Nova Scotia Museum.
Payments must be made by cheque (payable to Minister of Finance), credit card, (MC & Visa) cash.