Joseph Howe's Printing Press at the Nova Scotia Archives
Nova Scotia’s 2016 Heritage Day will honour Joseph Howe, defender of freedom of the press and champion of responsible government in Nova Scotia. This resource page, created in partnership between the Nova Scotia Museum and the Nova Scotia Archives, provides virtual museum artifacts and archival documents that relate to Joseph Howe so that students can examine the real thing and teachers can create a museum experience in their classroom.
In addition to these museum artifacts and archival documents, teachers may also want to check out:
- Suggested “Learning with Objects” Activity [PDF 240 KB]
- Short Biography of Joseph Howe by the Nova Scotia Legislature
- Additional Archival Images and Documents, available from the Nova Scotia Legislature
- NEW - Joseph Howe Infosheet
- NEW - The Sydenham Howe Scrapbook: Joseph Howe and His World (online exhibit from the Nova Scotia Archives)